Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hospital

I ended up in the hospital last Wednesday (8th) after rupturing a cyst on my ovaries. I had just gotten back from taking a co-worker to lunch, and decided to stop in the bathroom before heading home. There was a co-worker who happened to come into the bathroom and found me laying on the bathroom floor in the stall in pain. She asked if I needed help and I said no, but then the pain didn't get any better. I managed to get up off the floor and get Hunter and I (it was my day off from babysitting) to the couch in the lounge area. Another co-worker walked in from Human Resources and asked if I was feeling okay. I told her no, she went and grabbed the hiring manager from HR, who then called Ian (I had the car and Ian was at work) and went to go get him. She had another manager come and stay with me and play with Hunter, until Ian was able to arrive. This helped it so I could rest and not worry about entertaining Hunter. Some other co-workers stopped in as they had heard about me, and came to wish me well.

Ian came shortly and took me to the hospital where they warned me that with the symptoms and early pregnancy, that it might be an ectopic pregnancy. That worried me cuz that means that the baby wouldn't survive. They did an ultrasound with a smaller machine but weren't able to find anything. They put an iv in me to give me some morphine for the pain, then sent me upstairs for a better ultrasound. They checked my appendix and saw fluid around it but not inside of it, and decided to check my uterus. Indeed the heartbeat was there and beating, and that was cool to see. They did some more checking and that's when they discovered the cyst. They discharged me 3-4 hours later and sent me home to rest. I was back babysitting the next morning and went to work that Friday night. I'm doing better since (it's been a week), and hope that the pregnancy will continue to be worry free and free from any problems.

Sorry for the long story, but I haven't written in a while. Thought I would update you on what I've been up to. I'll write another one tomorrow night on how Ian has been doing.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Wow, no fun! I am glad that you ended up okay and especially that the baby still seems okay. That must have been a scary experience. I am glad you are doing better!