Monday, October 6, 2008

Smokers

Ok, so this weekend was General Conference weekend. We stayed home on Saturday to clean since we were at work all week, and I had a friend coming over. We woke up on Saturday grateful not to have an alarm. I opened up the blinds, changed Hunter's diaper (she woke me up), and started on dishes. After I finished dishes, I started on breakfast. Ian joined me later in the kitchen to help me finish breakfast, then we started cleaning the living room. Since it was a nice day outside, he decided to open up the windows. As soon as we did, we smelt a wave of cigarette smoke. We went to open our apt. door to take trash out, and smelt a wave of marijuana. Either there was someone smoking something illegal in their apt. with the door open (you can't smoke in the hallway or the laundry room), or they were burning incense. With me being pregnant, it annoyed me as ever. Then thinking that the smell would go away soon, we heard people talking outside using colorful language. After about 5 minutes of trying to clean with them talking and yelling outside, I decided to close the windows up and turn on the air.

Now the question is, if we live in such a "strict" complex, why is it that I feel like we're in a scum complex? We haven't even been here a month, and things are already getting to me. We still have another 10 1/2 months left (signed an 11 1/2 month lease instead of a 12 1/2 month lease), and part of that is my pregnancy. I really hope that as the weather cools down, that people will begin to be considerate and keep their doors closed if they're going to be in their apt. Or if they're going to smoke outside, go farther away from the door than the park bench. The most frustrating thing is that it makes Ian and I gag, and it's not good for Hunter's lungs. And, I'm supposed to be bringing a newborn into this complex? Why is it that we have to suffer more from second hand than the people smoking the cigarettes?

Sorry if this is such a downer blog post, but I really don't want it to be like this everytime we're home on the weekend, or it will be a long 10.5 months.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Hello Friend!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PREGNANCY! I'm so excited for you, what will your approximate due date be then? I think it's great, but believe me, it's really difficult with two kids.

I got your message the other day and I'm sorry I haven't called back, but please know that I miss you and love you and will try to call soon. It's been super hectic.

As for how to post pictures and videos, when you're under "New Post" there's a little button that looks like it's got a film piece up in the bar of icons. That one is for posting a video clip. The one next to it on the left with like mountains or something on it is for pictures. You can upload 5 pictures at a time, but you can do it quite a few times per post. Hope that helps... if it's confusing, call me and I'll talk you through it once.... it's a little easier that way sometimes.

I'll talk to you soon.... hopefully I'll get to you this week. If I don't, I'll call this weekend, k???

Love ya sis!

Tasha said...

I do not like living by smokers!!! Even now that we are in a house our neighbor next to us smokes all the time right on the side of the house as ours and if we have any windows open the smoke comes right in. It really is annoying. In an apartment it is even worse. I am sorry!!