Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How much more?????

The question for the week is: How much more can we (or me) handle??? We started off Saturday with Hunter getting heat stroke, so we drove home after having driven 40 miles to the storage unit, for a 10 min. job. Then on Sunday we found out we had a flat, but luckily we had a road hazard warranty so Sears would cover it. Monday we put on the donut and drove the 40 miles to Sears (yes, we really are in the middle of nowhere) and had them put on a new tire. Since it wasn't repairable but it wasn't a total blowout, we still had to pay $25 for a new tire. Not bad when it's a $60 tire but still more money than we had. Ian and I headed to the mall across the street (the Sears auto center isn't connected to the Sears). I had my job interview for Destination Maternity and Ian was going to let Hunter play in the playyard in front of the store and twist balloons too, to see if he could get some tips from doing balloon animals. After 2 hours, he made $10 and I had my interview where I was told to wait for a phone call by Friday.

Tuesday was an okay day. We didn't do much, except go to the library and Hunter's doctor's appt. After her appt I decided to call Addy (our landlord from the condos) to check on the deposit. Here's what she said: "I'm really disspointed in you. I showed up and there was trash on the front porch, the carpets were completely stained, the oven was dirty, the blinds were filthy, there was trash in the garage. Plus, I got a report from the complex that you left mattresses and furniture (which isn't true, by the way) and now i'm being sued. I have a board meeting on Wednesday and I'll know more how much s*** I have to put up with and then I'll send out a letter explaining where your deposit is going". Needless to say I started crying. Though Ian and I didn't ever pay his parents rent to live there, nor did we pay for the security deposit, that's $2,000 that his parents will never see. The carpet is cheap and we've TRIED NUMEROUS times to clean the spots with carpet sprays, we did a Rug Doctor from Stater Bros. If she wanted to, she could have the carpets cleaned by professionals and it would be cheaper than replacing them, but no she's just going to replace them and cost us more money. The blinds were cheap and never worked right in the first place. We had 2 of them that tore off and so they wouldn't hang. We did PLACE some small furniture items by the dumpster (lamps, bookshelves, etc) but we didn't put them IN the dumpster. When we took more trash out 10 min. later all the furniture was gone. We only had 2 people come to help clean, bless their hearts, you know who you are. I WISH I would've planned it ahead of time so I could've gotten some definite commitments from people from church. We were at the condo 'til 10:30 trying to clean it up, and we still had to leave it a mess. We ran out of time and energy, had a 10 hour drive the next day and still needed to check into the hotel. It scares me that it'll hinder us being able to rent again. We're not filthy tenants, and it hurts to hear that.

Wednesday (today, well okay for the last 5 min it will be Wed) we headed to the library. I had called using grandparent's home phone to reserve 2 computers since they only have 2 computers in the whole library, and Ian and I both needed them. We got ready and headed out, but were running behind so I thought i'd call to let them know we'd be a little late. Dial the number and I get this message: "your phone has been temporarily suspended". Of course I told Ian and he wasn't too happy. We did our thing at the library, and we came home. Ian was upset at that point, because we have $9 to our name, 4+ accounts in collections (between credit cards and our electric bill from IA that still needs to be paid), a little under 1/2 a tank of gas left, and now our cell phones have been turned off. How are we supposed to get a job if the employers can't contact us???? How are we supposed to turn our phones back on if we can't get a job???? So, Ian and I have spent the day being depressed and trying to figure out what to do. Ian can go to restaurants on Friday nights and do balloon animals for tips, but that requires a 20 mile drive each way. Then Saturday he could go to the mall and playland again and make some more tips. Again, that's a 40 mile drive each way. How does this all work out???

How many more trials can we endure?? We're doing our best filling out job applications for ANYTHING, we're trying to help out around the house, look for a place to live, etc. This also doesn't help since the 2 places we really want to live won't take us or want too much from us. The income restricted apt. complex wants the following documents: birth certificates from each member living there (those are in storage which aren't accessible right now and we don't have McKenna's), and the last 2 years of tax returns (to make sure we didn't make over what we can make to live there.. those too are in storage SOMEWHERE. I'm not good at keeping things filed). The 2nd apt complex needs us to have a 6.0 score or better when they check our credit. They want to make sure that we don't have any evictions, we don't have ANY accounts in collections (we failed that one), and we have a certain credit score (which I know we don't).

Please tell me when the good things will start coming around. I really need some faith right now, cuz I'm scared that we won't get out on our own until September. We've been married 3 years and 4 months now and we've only lived on our own for 1.5 years. How much longer are we going to live with family?? We have worse arguments that turn into yelling matches when we live with family, and our marriage is in shambles. We need to be out on our own, but when will that be???

Please help... I miss all of you tons and wish I could have all my friends in one place.... Hopefully I'll have some better news next time I update on here.

5 comments:

Keriann said...

hang in there hun this too shall pass!

Lacey said...

Jenn, I know things are hard. I know that you're stressing out, I can tell, plus, I caught it last time I talked to you. I know we don't talk much, but let me give a few words of advice. Hang on to these as hard as you can, because it's only by showing our faith to Heavenly Father that he can help us.

The words for you:

God doesn't give us more than we can handle.

I know that you're going through a lot, but seriously think about it. You're such a strong woman and you and Ian are married for ETERNITY. You both know that. Don't forget that when you really think you're hitting the bottom, there are people out there a lot worse off than you are. I also know those words aren't comforting to hear when you're really upset. I know how strong you are, so if you need it, just picture me giving you a hug and telling you, You can do this.... I believe in you!

Say your prayers Jen. I love you!

Tasha said...

Oh my Jenn!!! Wow. Hang in there. Seriously, that is a lot of trials.

Sarah said...

hang in there...we're seriously praying for you...I know that living with family is not ideal, but if that is what needs to happen in order to get your finances settled, then that is probably what's going to have to happen for a bit longer than what you wanted. I wish I could give you better advice, but the only thing that I can come up with is to make sure that you are continuing to say your prayers and keeping your temple covenants. I know that it is hard to do that right now, but that is why it is really important to do so. Satan is trying really hard to get you guys down to his level. There is more truth to the adage "misery loves company" than any of us can comprehend. Satan wants us to be miserable because he is miserable. Our job is to fight him and stay happy (even in times of great trial, such as these). It's a tough job, but remember that we have many players on our team to help us. Two of those players are the most powerful people...Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Put your faith in them (and yes, it's going to feel like a HUGE leap of faith) and everything is eventually (remember that things happen in the Lord's time, not ours) going to be okay. We love you!

Anonymous said...

We, too, have faced many trials all on top of each other. Hang in there. I promise it gets better!!! Just keeping getting down on your knees and asking for His help!