Thursday, July 9, 2009

We're here

We're here in Dutch Flat, CA (but this blog comes to you from Applegate, CA) and loving the weather. It's been in the 90's but being in the deep woods it doesn't feel like it. It's been nice feeling secure at night with the sliding glass doors open, the windows open, the cars unlocked etc. The weather is nice and cool at night with it in the high 50's to low 60's. The weather this week however has been in the 70's during the day which makes it nice to sit out on the back deck with grandma and grandpa and just relax.

We've been here for 8 days now and haven't stopped moving. We slowed down for 4th of July weekend since most of the apt complexes and businesses were closed. We enjoyed a parade on Saturday where it goes around the town twice because it's so small. The fire truck even drove in the parade and tossed a teddy bear to Hunter, and she loved it. Of course an 8 yr old girl thought it was hers, so I had to snatch it out of her hands. I let her have all the candy though. I promise there's lots of pictures to come when I can get them uploaded. We had a bbq on Sunday at Kelly and Leslie's and then started again on Monday. We've been to the Galleria mall in Roseville three times and still haven't walked the whole mall.

I have a job interview Monday at 12:30 for Destination Maternity, Co. which includes Motherhood Maternity and A Pea in the Pod. They were the only store in the mall that was hiring out of the 10 applications that I picked up for other stores. Ian however is still looking for jobs. He's been applying online for Kaiser (which is a doctor's office/hospital in CA), Hollywood Video, AT&T, Best Buy, FYE (For Your Entertainment), and some other stores. He's also working on getting himself enrolled at Sierra College so he can finish up his AA and do some web design classes. Then he can get himself a career and we'll be on the ball then with a steady career and hopefully by then I can stay home with the kids. But, that's still at least a year down the road.

We're taking it day by day, and now that I know where 4 libraries are that are close to us, I promise to update my blog more often and I promised my Aunt Joy that I would put up some pictures of where we're living and the kids.

Until then....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

glad to see that you all had a safe move up there...good luck with the job hunt! We'll be praying for you! Give your sweet girls a hug and a kiss for me!

Tasha said...

I am glad you made it there safely and are slowly getting settled in. It sounds beautiful there!