Friday, September 11, 2009

Internship

I just got news that I have an interview for an internship with an attorney's office. This is a big deal to me. True, I have a sister that has worked for an attorney before. I will probably call her over the weekend to get tips from her. I have my instructor (Jared) and Ian's instructor (Jan) that both gave me an excellent recommendation to the hiring manager. The hiring supervisor was a prior student of Jan's, and both Jan and Jared have a good feeling about me getting the internship. I will be interviewing on Tuesday, Sept. 15th at 9:30 A.M. I will send out an update that day at school if I know any update. I will be working with Jared today and Monday in class to personalize my resume and cover letter for this specific internship. This will allow me to specifically point out the skills that I have that are valuable to the company. This is a non-paying internship at first, but could lead on to be a career where I would get paid.

So much happening. We went and got the girls car seats last night at Target, and McKenna is now in a cute pink and brown flowered car seat. We found Hunter a booster seat that has a back to it so it looks like a car seat. However, when she gains another 10 lbs (around 4-5 years old), then we can take the backing off and it's just a booster chair. She loves her new car seat, and I feel safer knowing they're in brand new car seats.

The car front is coming along. We found a 2000 Mazda van that has 117,000 miles on it. It's selling for $5495 which sounds like a lot of money for a 9 yr old vehicle. However, since we wouldn't be taking it anywhere long distance (we would fly and rent a car on any vacations), then it works for us. I'm hoping to get it paid off in no time before it completely breaks down. We should have the van in our possession by tomorrow, and it has been cleared for inspection for prior accidents and other damages, and there are none. That makes me reassured that we're driving a reliable car.

K, I need to work with Jared now on my resume and cover letter. Look for pictures this weekend on my blog that will have pictures of the accident, and I promise to include happy pictures of the apt. Happy 9-11 everyone. It's been 8 years.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

good luck! We'll be praying for you!